Beta 7.0 brings a huge amount of fixed and improvements!
The most noticable change is you now choose your Wizard! Each wizard has a unique power that improves your heroes in a unique way.
Plus lots and lots of bug fixes:
- Stables added – build to increase movement points
- Quest log will now focus on quest location if known (double click entry)
- World map now shows treasure, dungeons and monsters. Clicking will focus view.
- Fix Holy Light – will now heal even if monsters defeated
- Skill list scroll bar overlap fixed
- Books will now be grayed out of skill is already known
- Monster stats show kill count
- Fame Lv popup will not correctly handle when multiple fame levels are gained
- Fixed dungeon quests auto-ending after completing a main Quest
- Mouse wheel now scrolls lists
- Items now show stats in stores and inventory (via tooltip)
- Monster gold drop tweaked
- Resist spell fixed, was not properly calculating resitances
- Skill list now has tabs to filter skills (All, Healing only, Fire only, etc)
- Fixed stupid bug with non-combat skill levels wrong for Elite classes
- Hero statistics now tracked and viewable (# kills, total damage, etc)
- Add Auto-heal button to item screen, uses potions to heal party to full health
- Fix potential bug causing ladders to disappear
- Level-up screen attributes fixed
- Teleporters added to dungeons
- Can modify hero names in Adventure’s Guild
- Any party standing on a Town or surrounding tile is considered in Town (found in Guild, etc)
- Waiting in dungeons will auto-collect loose items (gold, potions, etc)
- Updated SFX for many spells
- Music playlist more varied inside dungeons
- R-click town icons to center view
- Fix Main quest breakage – you can now finish the game once more!
- Fixed Void altars not giving MP
- Wizard selection enabled
- Tweaked ladder collision, should now be able to click through to disarm traps
- Added tooltips to describe items (books & potions) in stores and inventory
- Added weapon class info to class help screen
- Fix issue when locked doors are clicked on to close
- Added damage/duration info to more spells (Burn, Poison, etc)
- Keyboard shortcut for save/load (F5/F9 by default, change in settings)
Whew! That’s a lot of fixes. HOBL is getting closer and closer to the first final release. It’ll be mostly fixes and balancing for the next while.